Library working hours
The central Library kept opened from 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM for all working days.
1. Complete silence is to be observed in the library.
2. Each student is permitted to take four books at a time from the Library by using their Identity Card.
3. A borrower taking a book on loan will have to check the book and inform the Librarian if there is any damage. A fine of Rs.50/- will be collected for any damage to the book.
4. Books borrowed on loan must be returned within thirty days. In default of punctual return of a book, fine will be levied as follows:
5. For the first week – Re.1.00 per working day.
6. From the second week onwards – Rs. 2.00 per working day.
7. Books may be renewed for a further period of another thirty days and renewal will be permitted if no other student has applied for the books in the meantime. More than two consecutive renewals will not be allowed.
8. Books that are in special demand may be called for at any time if required.
9. Books borrowed from the library are not transferable.
10. Library books must be returned when students go home on long vacation.
11. Students are required to use library books with care. Marking, underling and annotating in the books are not permitted.
12. If a library book is damaged or missed, double the cost of the book along with fine will be collected from the person concerned.
13. Magazines and journals are ordinary not lent out; back issues are issued for one day. After perusal, they must be kept in their respective places.
14. Loan of books may be terminated at any time for contravening the above rules.
15. Library rules may be amended by the Library Committee from time to time.
16. Students will be admitted to the library only on producing their identify cards.
17. All the students are instructed to register their entry / exit in the Library by using their Smart card.
18. Library shall be kept closed at the time of inventory/stock taking.