About the Department
- The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started in the year 2011 to render services to the student community and to meet the growing global challenges.
- The department offers undergraduate BE (EEE) and Post graduate in ME Embedded System Technologies.
- The UG program is NBA accredited in the year 2019.
- The department has received about 41 lakhs from funding agencies like AICTE etc.
- The department has state of art building with well equipped laboratories and qualified faculty members to fine tune the students’ knowledge with latest technological developments.
- Being the only department with Anna University approved research centre, it enhances research and has more than 400+ publications in international journals and conferences by faculty and students.
- Value added courses in PCB designing, PLC, SCADA, E-CAD, IoT are conducted for students to bridge the gap between industry and institution.
- The department provides soft skill training for students enabling them to be placed in companies like WIPRO, Capgemini, TCS, CTS, Igarashi Motors etc through ON campus.
- The department of EEE trains their students for Competitive exams like GATE thereby enabling them to acquire government jobs in various sectors like NPTC, SAIL, ONGC, BSNL, TNEB etc
- The department of EEE works with the motto to fulfill the dreams of the young students and bring out their hidden talents to serve the society and the nation.
- EEE department supports activity and project based learning creating an interactive and ambient teaching learning environment.
To produce world class Electrical and Electronics Technocrats and Entrepreneurs with social responsibilities.
DM1: Impart quality education in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering through state of the art learning ambience.
DM2: Enrich interdisciplinary skills and promote research through continuous learning.
DM3: Enhance professional ethics, entrepreneurship skills and social responsibilities to serve the nation.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
PEO1 - Core Competency: Graduates will apply engineering principles, analytical skills for solving the technical challenges.
PEO2 - Professionalism: Graduates will accomplish critical thinking, collaborative and reflective learning skills in their profession.
PEO3 - Higher Studies and Entrepreneurship: Graduates will exhibit continuous learning and creative thinking to solve societal tasks in ethical manner.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
PO1 - Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals to solve the complex electrical engineering problems.
PO2 - Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Electrical and Electronics Engineering problems enabling attainment of conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3 - Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions, components or process for complex Electrical Engineering problems to meet the specified needs considering public health, safety and environmental considerations.
PO4 - Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Exercise research knowledge and technical methodology for design, analysis and interpretation of data to converge to a suitable solution.
PO5 - Modern Tool Usage: Use modern engineering tools, softwares and equipments to predict, analyze and model engineering problems.
PO6 - The Engineer & Society: Apply reasoning skills to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues relevant to the professional engineering practice and take consequent responsibilities in the society
PO7 - Environment and Sustainability: Realize the impact of the professional engineering solutions and demonstrate the knowledge for sustainable development in environmental context
PO8 - Ethics: Apply and realize the professional ethics and responsibilities in Electrical engineering practice.
PO9 - Individual and Team Work: Exhibit Individuality, Leadership and Team spirit in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10 - Communication: Communicate, comprehend, write reports, design documentation and presentation effectively on complex engineering activities.
PO11 - Project Management & Finance: Demonstrate the Electrical engineering and management principles adhering to financial strategies to manage projects as a member or leader in a team
PO12 - Life Long Learning: Inculcate independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO1 - Electrical drives and control: Graduates will Analyze, design and provide Engineering solutions in the field of Power Electronics and Drives
PSO2 - Embedded system: Graduates will Simulate, experiment and solve complex problems in Embedded System.