Members of Research and Development:
- Dr.B.Kalaavathi Prof.&Head of CSE – Overall Coordinator
- Dr.R.Jeyabharath Prof.&Head of EEE
- Dr.R.Nandhakumar Prof.&Head of ECE
- Dr.P.Meenakshi Devi Prof.&Head of IT
- Dr.P.Murugesan Prof.&Head of Mech
- Dr.J.C.Kannan Prof.&Head of Physics
- Dr.C.Muhuntarajan Prof.&Head of English
- Mr.M.S.Vijayaraj AP & Head of Mathematics
- Mr.R.Venkatesan AP – CSE
- Dr.S.Velmurugan ASP – EEE
- Dr.W.Devapriya ASP – ECE
- Mrs.K.G.Lavanya AP – IT
- Mr.S.Mohanavelan AP – Mech
- Mr.S.Madhan AP – English
About the Research and Development Cell
KSRIET is focusing more on Research Programs. Accordingly an R&D Cell has been established to promote and monitor the research Programs of the college. R & D cell is headed by Dr.B.Kalaavathi,HOD/CSE and supported by all departments. The cell monitors and coordinates all the research activities of the college by meticulous planning and follow-up. The objective of R & D Cell is to promote research activities among students and faculty as well as to provide a robust platform for sharing and implementing innovative and creative ideas by exchanging the information and interaction among the various research institutes and industries. It also promotes R&D programme in newly emerging challenges in science, technology and engineering. The main goal of the R&D cell is to enhance the knowledge and to facilitate the capability of students and faculty in relatively unexposed areas by sending research proposal and acquiring fund from renowned agencies like AICTE, DST, MHRD, UGC, CSIR etc. Research and Development cell is conducting FDP on ongoing research area, creates platforms to exhibit students’ innovation and transform their ideas towards filing IPR.
Programs Organized by Research and Development Cell
- Organized one day National Level Conference on Challenges and Opportunities in INdustry 4.0 with keynote speaker Dr.Tandava Popuri - Software Engineer Director at Dell on 14th March’2020.
- Organized one day intra college idea contest EUREKA to exhibit the innovation of the students – September’2019.
- Organized two days National Level Seminar on Publishing Articles in SCI Indexed Journals & Filing IPR by Prof.P.Pichappan and Mr.Prem Charles of Allinov R&D – July’2019
- Organized one day National Level Seminar on Writing Successful Proposals to Funding Agencies by Dr. M.Kanthababu, Director, Centre for IPR - Intellectual Property Rights Anna University Chennai - August’2018.
Milestones of Research and Development
- Dept. of EEE Recognised as Research Centre by Anna University Chennai for doing research leading to Ph.D.
- DELL EMC Recognized External Research and Academic Alliance in the field of Data Science
- 20 MoUs and 5 COEs
CSE & IT
- Faculty of CSE and IT Provisionally filed a patent entitled as, “A Method of an Automated Ration Distribution System” Application no: 201941037491 Dated on 25-09-2019
- Faculty of EEE applied a patent entitled as,” A system and Method for optimized Forced Air Zone Climate Control in Residential Houses” Application No 202041025122 Dated on 15.06.2020.
- Faculty of EEE published patent entitled as “Harvesting Machine For Tapioca Vegetables” Application No is 202041012787, Dated on 22-05-2020
- Faculty of EEE published a patent entitled as “System for Automatic Fog Cleaner for VISI Cooler” Application No is 202041012783 Dated on 05-06-2020
- Faculty of EEE published a patent entitled as “A Novel Method for Detection of Quality of Apples using Edge Detection Algorithms” Application no. 202041025188 Dated on 19-06-2020
- Faculty of ECE published patent entitled as “Harvesting Machine For Tapioca Vegetables” Application No is 202041012787, Dated on 22-05-2020.
- Faculty of ECE published patent entitled as “Artificial Intelligence Enabled Bot For Railway Track Cleaning”, Application No is 202041007777, Dated on 24-02-2020.
- Faculty of ECE applied “System to Facilitate Visually Impaired Person To Identify Person Present In Surrounding, December – 2019
- Faculty of MECH published a patent entitled as, “Artificial Intelligent Based Agriculture Environment Control Using IOT Technology” Application No. 202041013140 Dated on 08-05-2020.
||Title of the Book
||Name of the author(s)
||Name of the Publication
||Year of Publication
LIST OF FUNDED PROJECTS
- Dept. of EEE and ECE jointly received as a three years (2020-2022) grant of Rs.21,68,839/- on June 2020 from AICTE New Delhi to establish the “Skill and Personality Development Programme Centre(SPDC)”.
- Dept. of EEE received grant of Rs.3, 50,000/- for the project “FDP on Research and Reconfigurable Embedded System For Medical Science” from AICTE – New Delhi.
- Dept. of EEE received AICTE –MODROBS grant of Rs.13,12,034/- for the project “Control and instrumentation lab with virtual instruments” from AICTE New Delhi.
- Dept. of EEE and ECE jointly received MSME – DI government of India grant of Rs.1,00,000/- for Application of grant of Financial assistance for interactive workshop – IPR from Government of India.
- Dept. of EEE received DST-NIMAT grant of Rs.1,60,000/- for conducting 8 Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp from Government of India.
- Dept. of EEE received TNSCST grant of Rs.7500/- for the student project “Protection from Chain Snatching Using IOT Based System from Government of Tamilnadu.
- Dept. of ECE received grant of Rs.10L for Research Promotion Scheme from AICTE – New Delhi.
- Dept. of EEE and ECE jointly received as a three years (2020-2022) grant
- Dept. of Mechanical received grant of Rs.60,000/- for the project “Design and Fabrication of Automatic Orthosis Human walker” from Dhisaa futuristic services, Salem.
- Dept. of Mechanical received grant of Rs.20,000/- for the project “Process Optimization in Car Sill Assembly” from KONE Elevators, Chennai.
- Dept. of Mechanical received grant of Rs.3,00,000/- for the project “Low cost Automation for Agricultural Enhancement Using MEMS” from AICTE-ISTE
- Dept. of Mechanical received grant of Rs.40,000/- for the project to conduct seminar “Recent Development in Prosthesis Materials and its challenges in Medical Applications” from Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR
- Dept. of Mechanical received grant of Rs.30,000/- for the project to conduct seminar “Heat Exchangers and its Applications” from CSIR
LIST OF PROJECT CONTEST AWARDS
- Dept. of CSE received Best Project Innovator Award from MHRD – IIC for the project of “Automated Ration Distribution System”.
- Dept. of CSE students are offered intern project on “uthiram” with the monthly stipend by the CrayonD Technologies – Chennai.
- VMware IT Academy Partner Excellence Award: 2016 – 2017
- Dept. of EEE received Best Project Award for the project of “Track Detector for Visually Impaired IoT”.
- Dept. of EEE received the prize of Rs.50000/- for the event Code Wizards – 2016.
- Dept. of EEE hosted an article entitled as “Arduino Chatting- Article Publication in Electronics for You” in public forum and reached 16k+ views.
- Dept. of EEE received Appreciation Award for the project “Bosch India - Makeathon”.
- Dept. of EEE received Special Appreciation Awards Rs.5000/- from PALS – Innova team.
- Dept. of ECE received a grant of Rs. 15000/- for the two team of student’s projects from the TNSCST.
- Dept. of ECE received a grant of Rs.1,82,400 for the student’s projects from Texas Instruments.
- Dept. of Mech secured a grant of Rs.7500/- for the project “Design and Analysis of IC Engine Piston with Ceramic Coating” from the TNSCST.
- Dept. of IT received a grant of Rs. 15000 for InnoWAh projects and e-governance.
- Dept. of IT secured Vishwakarma Award for the project “Smart Farm Monitoring System” provided by the AICTE – New Delhi.
LIST OF PROJECT CONTEST AWARDS
LIST OF FUNDED PROJECTS